|Indira Gandhi National Disability Pension Scheme|
Indira Gandhi National Disability Pension Scheme (IGNDPS) is a component of National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP). Under IGNDPS, central assistance of Rs. 300 p.m. per beneficiary is provided to persons with severe or multiple disabilities in the age group of 18-79 years and belonging to a household living below poverty line (BPL) as per criteria prescribed by Government of India.
- Aspirin intake may stop growth of tumors that cause hearing loss
- Eyemusic sensory substitution device enables the blind to see colors and shapes
- A short stay in darkness may heal hearing woes
- New stem cell research removes reliance on human and animal cells
- Cochlear implant with no exterior hardware can be wirelessly recharged