|Special Benefits provided by Govt. to their Disable Employees|
|Tuesday, 23 August 2011 14:40|
Recommendations of sixth pay commission
Special benefits provided by Govt. to their disable employees
Government employees with disabilities recommended various benefits like enhanced number of casual leave, special aids and appliances for facilitating office work, higher interest subsidy for automobile loans, liberal flexi hours, higher rate of transport allowance, better prosthetic aids and proper grievance redressal machinery.
Extra allowance for disabled women employees to take care of young child till the time the child attains the age of two years.
1. Special Disability Leave
Admissible to all employees-
When disabled by injury intentionally or accidentally inflicted or caused in, or in consequence of the due performance of official duties or in consequence of official position.
When disabled by illness incurred in in the performance of any particular duty, which has the effect of increasing liabilities to illness of injury beyond the ordinary risk attaching to the civil post held under the same condition.
The disability, under 1(a) above, should have manifested within three months of the occurrence to which it is attribute and the person disabled had acted with due promptitude in bringing it to notice. The leave sanctioning authority, if satisfied as to the cause of the disability, may relax the condition and grant leave in case where disability has manifested more than three months after the occurrence of its cause.
The disability, under 1(b) above, should be certified by an Authorized Medical Attendant to be directly due to the particular duty. If it has been contracted during service other than with a military force, the leave sanctioning authority should be satisfied that the disability is exceptional in character.
The period of leave will be as certified by an Authorized Medical Attendant subject to a maximum of 24 month.
It may be granted more than once if the disability is aggravated or recurs in similar circumstances at a later date, but the maximum leave in consequences of any one disability should not exceed 24 months.
It may be combined with any other kind of leave.
It will counts as service for pension.
It will not be debited to the leave account.
The leave salary for the first 120 days will be the pay last drawn and for the remaining period, it will be equal to leave salary during half pay leave, in such cases, beyond the first 120 days the official may take half leave (at his credit) for another 120 days along with the special disability leave simultaneously and get leave salary equal to that on eared leave. The half pay leave so taken will be debited to his leave account.
If the official is entitled to any benefit under the Workmen’s Compensation Act the Employee’s state Insurance Act. The amount of leave salary will be reduced by the amount of benefit payable under the above Acts.
Appointing authors are competent to sanction Special Disability Leave-Rule 44 and 45.
Differently-abled Central Government employees.- Special Casual leave not more than 10 days in a calendar year may be granted to attend Conferences/ Seminars/ Training/ Workshop related to Disability and devolvement– related programmers organized at national and State Level agencies, Absence in excess of 10 days may be treated as regular leave due and admissible and it can also combined with regular leave –On dated 14-11-2007.
2. Ad Hoc allotment of quarter to Handicapped employee
Ad hoc allotment of quarter to handicapped employees may be considers in the following cases:-
- The blind i,.e those who suffer form either of –
(a) Total absence of sight.
(b) Visual Acuity not exceeding 6/90 or 20/200(snellen) in the better eye with correcting lenses.
(c) Impression of the field of the vision subtending an angle of 20 degree or worse.
- The deaf, having hearing loss of more than 90 decibels in the better ear (profound impairment)or total loss of hearing in both ears.
- The orthopedicallly handicapped to the extent of 40% and above disability,
- Mentally handicapped/ spastic dependents – SR317-B-9,GIO(1).
3. Reservation for Person with Disabilities
- Categories -
(a) Blindness or low vision;
(b) Hearing impairment;
(c) Locomoter disability or cerebral palsy. [Includes al cases of orthopedically handicapped persons.]
Reservation is admissible only for those who suffer form not less than 40 percent of relevant disability.
For Direct Recruitment.- admissible for all Groups, viz. Group ‘A’ ,Group ‘B’, Group ‘C’, Group ‘D’.
For promotion – Adminissible to Group D and Group c posts only in which the elements of direct recruitment ,if any, does not exceed 75 percent [(i) within Group D (ii) form Group ‘D’ and(iii) within Group C].
Percentage of reservation – Three percent “ 1% for each of the three categories. How the reservation of 3% shall be equally distributed between persons with the categories of disabilities for whom the post has been identified as suitable.
Identification of posts,- More than 1,000 jobs have been identified for appointment for these three categories.
Calculation of the numbers of vacancies reserved. - For Group’C’ and ‘D’ total number of vacancies ina year will be calculated and the percentage worked out even though the vacancies include non-identified jobs. For Groups ‘A’ and ‘B’ vacancies calculated with reference to identified posts only.
Register:- A separate 100 point register will be maintained by Heads of Departments, divided into three blocks, i.e 1-33,34-66 and 67-100. Points 1.34 and 67 to be earmarked for three reserved categories. Candidates appointed as per these points should be placed in the appropriate category ,viz., SC/ST/general, depending upon their categories in the reservation roster. After ascertaining the vacancies keeping in view the identified categories, the same procedure will be followed for promotion. For this purpose also, separate register will be maintained.
Inter exchange. - If a candidate of a particular category is not available or if the nature may be vacancy may be exchanged for a vacancy against another ,among the 3 categories.
Carry forward of reservation.- Unfilled reserved vacancies will be carried forward to the next block in he same year first .unfilled vacancies at the end of the year will be carried forward to the three subsequent year.
Relaxation and Concession.-
For Groups ‘C’ and ’D’ - 10 years for recruitment through
Posts/ services SSC/Employment Exchange
For Groups ‘A’ and ‘B’ - 10 years for recruitment through
Posts/services Open Competitive examinations
And 5 year in other cases.
In respect of SC/ST/OBS candidates, this is over and above the admissible relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC.
Fee-Candidates are exempted from examination fee/application fee for competitive examination and selection by UPSC/SSC for all posts.
Standards in direct recruitment/promotion- Same as for SC/ST, i.e. those not in the merit list can also be considered if they are not found unit. But no relaxation in promotion,
Typing Test- Those holding clerical posts, if certified by the Medical Board attached to the Employment Exchange for handicapped as unable to type, are exempted from passing Typing Test.
Earmarking one ‘Chair Caner’ post for blind- One of the Group’D’ posts will be earmarked for appointment of ‘Chair Caner’ in all the Ministries/Departments; No minimum qualification; enough if the candidate knows caning.
4. Transport Allowance- Admissible in lieu of Conveyance Allowance.
Posting near native place-Handicapped candidates recruited to Group’C’ and ‘D’ posts on regional basis may be given posting, near their native places as far as possible, subject to administrative constraints. Requests for transfer to or near their native places may also be given preference in the case of physically handicapped employees in Group ‘A’ ‘B’ ‘C’ and ‘D’.
With effect form 1st September,2008 all employees are entitled of Transport Allowance as bellow:-
- Not admissible to-
- Employees who have been provided with facility of Government transport.
- Employee during absence form duty for a full calendar month due o leave /training/tour, etc.if the absence cover more than one month, it will not be adminissible for calendar month(s) wholly covered by absence. If the absence covers part of any calendar month, it will be adminissible for the full month.
- during training treated as duty- Adminissible if no transport facility/T.A/D.A is provided for attending the training institute. During official tour in the training course, the allowance will not adminissible when the period of tour covers the whole calendar month. During training abroad, the allowance is not adminissible when the period of such training covers the whole calendar month.
- During suspension – Not adminissible when suspension covers full calendar month(s). this position will hold good even if the suspension period is finally treaded as duty. When the suspension period covers a calendar month partially, the allowance payable for that month will be reduced proportionately .
- Officers availing staff Car facility- Officers drawing grade pay of Rs.10,000, Rs. 12,000 and those in HAG+ scale provided with staff car for commuting between office and residence can have option to retain the facility or to draw Transport Allowance at Rs 7,000 p.m plus DA thereon. If they opt for transport Allowance, the staff car facility will be withdrawn from the date they opt for the allowance.
- Handicapped employees- Conveyance Allowance to handicapped employees as per OM. Dated 31-8-1978 is Withdrawn. Instead such of those handicapped employees eligible for conveyance allowance will draw transport Allowance at double the rates prescribed above, subject to a minimum of Rs. 1,000 p.m plus DA Thereon –OMS dated 3-10-1997,17-4-1998 and 22-2-2002.
Deduction in the case of assesses who are partially or totally blind or physically handicapped resident persons.-A sum of Rs.50,000 may be deducted from the total income of the assessee, if he is a person with disability and Rs.75,000 if he is a person with severe disability.
5. Special Allowance for child care for women with disabilities and Education Allowance for disabled children of Govt. employees.
Consequent upon the decision taken by the Government on the recommendations made by the Sixth Central Pay Commission for providing extra benefits to women employees with disabilities especially when they have young children and children with disability, the President is pleased to issue the following instructions :-
(a) Women with disabilities shall be paid RS. 1000/- per month as Special Allowance for Child care. The allowance shall be payable from the time of the child’s birth till the child is two year old.
(b) It shall be payable for a maximum of two children.
(c) Disability means a person having a minimum Disability of 40% as elaborated in Ministry of Welfare’s Notification No.16-18/97-NI.I dated 1.6.2001.(Annexure)
(d) The above limit would be automatically raised by 25% every time the Dearness Allowance on the revised pay structure goes up by 50%.
- Reimbursement of Education Allowance for disabled children of Government employees shall be payable at double the normal rates prescribed. The annual ceiling fixed for reimbursement of Children Education Allowance for disabled children of Government Employees is Rs. 24000. The rest of the conditions will be the same as stipulated vide OM No. 12011/03/2008-Estt. (Allowance) dated 2nd September, 2008 on the subject.
- Disability means a person having a minimum Disability of 40% as elaborated in Ministry of Welfare’s Notification No.16-18/97-NI.I dated 1.6.2001. (Annexure).
- These orders shall be effective from 1st September, 2008
Swamy’s Handbook 2009 for Central Govt. Staff
Incorporating Orders based on Sixth Pay Commission Recommendations
muthuswamy and brinda
|Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 February 2012 11:27|
- 1st International Film Festival for PwDs
- International Day of PwDs
- Human Rights Day
- World Down Syndrome Day
- 9th World Assembly of Disabled People International (DPI)
- VIII Latin-American Congress of the Blind, Montevideo
- World Humanitarian Summit, Istanbul, Turkey
- IX General Assembly of the World Blind Union
- Scientists identify key receptor as potential target for treatment of autism
- Children with autism benefit from theatre-based program
- Training by repetition actually prevents learning for those with autism
- Department of Empowerment of PwDs to train 10 Lakh PwDs by 2019
- Swavlamban Health Insurance Scheme